Houzz Logo Print
interiordesigninstitute

CLOSED: Win a Free Online Course with the Interior Design Institute!

The Interior Design Institute
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

This is now closed. Thank you to everyone who entered!

Ever wanted to become an Interior Designer? Interested in further developing your design eye?

We have an online Interior Design course, valued at $1,099, up for grabs!

Name of course: Online Interior Design Course
Value: $1099.00 AUD
Institute: The Interior Design Institute

The online course has been designed to fit around your lifestyle, not the other way around. Established by award-winning interior designer Wende Reid, the Interior Design Institute offers an online Diploma of Interior Design course which is self-paced. The beauty of the course is that there are no specific start dates, which means you can enrol at any time of the year! For those interested in learning the ropes of professional interior design – these online classes comprise of 12 comprehensive modules that you can complete in your own time, whether it’s 24 weeks or 12 months.

-------

• Learn at your own pace
  • Flexible study options
  • One-on-one mentorship
  • A dynamic learning community

------

With such engaging learning opportunities not found anywhere else, what are you waiting for? Start a new career or hobby today! Check out their website or contact the team for more information here.

------

TO ENTER TO WIN:
1 - Follow The Interior Design Institute on Houzz
2 - Tell us in the comments why you want to become a #IDIstudent

Competition ends & IDI will select a winner 9am December 4 2018!

Comments (77)

• J J
    5 years ago

Approximately 2 1/2 years ago after much research, I decided to enroll in this course. But the timing had to be right ... for my family and for myself. This is the time! My current employment contract finishes in 3 weeks. The plan is then to enroll, study, obtain employment within Interior Design and begin my new career (33 years in the making). Winning the cost of the Interior Design Institute course would allow me to purchase a laptop, for use to complete the course and work as an Interior Designer. Thanks for this opportunity! With much gratitude, Janelle

• 猜猜你
    5 years ago

I am full of enthusiasm and passion for interior design ,also have more than 5 years of interior design experiences, to cooperate with the team,maintains close contact with the clients, to be positive and responsible, to establish organization and management, and to be full of efficiency in order to satisfy and strengthen the design multiple requirements .

Even I’ve already equipped with designer qualification in Taiwan, I still don’t mind starting from zero or basic. I hope to get this chance to have the opportunity of entering development and designing in different styles,to inspire different sparks with other great partners in this area.

• Related Discussions

What's your proudest home improvement? WIN Darren Palmer's new book!

Q

Comments (40)
    Thanks for all your entries. And those are some marvellous photos of your own spaces being changed. Our congratulations to @how2girl who was randomly selected as the winner of Darren Palmer's book! We will be in contact and send this book out to you very soon. Stay tuned for more contests in the near future. HouzzAU Team
    ...See More

Design advice please on small bathroom reno to queen of UNcreativity!

Q

Comments (26)
    hi we have about six months ago now, re done our bath room , similar size to yours, and , i can take some photos and email them to you , we have maximised space, and walls , put in a white stone bath under the window , it is a metre in width , with a cool water spout coming off the centre under the window we pu t afalse ledge in to sit , candles etc on , , we tiles floor to ceiling, off white , wall mirror cabnit with three mirrors , inset into the wall so its only sits out a we bit from the wall tiles , floating bath room vanity , so that it makes the floor space look bigger , . matching stone square basin sits ontop of the vanity to one side so plenty of room to sit all your bath room stuff when need be , seperate shower all tiled as well , with inset , shelves for shampoo etc, also , when you open the bath room door and walk in when you close the bath room door behind it next to the shower is a very narrow floor to ceiling shelvec for towels, now the hole is there we jaust havent got the shelves put in yet. , we gt loads of comments as the bth room dosent look small evn though it is , , most expensive item the sqwat extra wide stone bath , made to order basin / tap ware and shower spray thing ,oh and the white stone vanity which we had made to order as well , due to the sizing .
    ...See More

Designers/creative folk..Please help with..ideas for bathroom reno....

Q

Comments (18)
    Your mockup scheme is similar to our master bathroom we just completed - photo below. I know you mentioned storage being a concern - our mirrored cabinet has offered an amazing amount of storage in a very small space and also helps bounce light around. I was worried about black taps etc too so we kept chrome fixtures but added in a matte black candle and black potted orchid to create a similar effect which we can change out later on. Our floor tiles are dark but because they are semi-polished they actually bounce around a lot of light and don't make the room feel dark if that is a concern. We also have a huge fiddle leaf fig in the corner (not pictured) which adds a really nice feel to the space - a plant like that could help bring in the outside greenery in your bathroom. Instead of the storage tower you have to the left of the vanity could you do say some floating wood shelving, possibly with baskets added for more hidden storage? You could also bring in the 60s theme with what you displayed on there eg. photos as you mentioned? In regards to the window - a previous house we lived in had a window at about shoulder height in the shower - as well as letting in heaps of light it was amazing for storing toiletries etc!
    ...See More

Floorplan help

Q

Comments (41)
    I'm sorry to say that I have only negative input also. This floor plan does not look as though the house would flow at all. Have studied Interior Design & have been involved in a lot of house plans, but sorry to say I don't think you will be happy in the long run. You have a Laundry right at your front door. This is where all your visitors will be entering. You have no external door from your laundry , so will you be carrying clothes outside through the house or will be there be a door in the garage to the outside? Bedrooms 3 & 4 need to go through the rumpus room to get to the toilet and bathroom. You dont want bathrooms & toilets to be seen from your front door, its not a good look. Your bedroom quarters should all be grouped together with access to bathroom & toilet, so you dont need to go through other rooms to get to them. Your area of your kitchen and breakfast bar seems to be too narrow if you are intending to have bar stools across there with doors opening out to a deck. If your most beautiful views are along the south & west I would consider flipping the design. Try to get your designer to put all 4 bedrooms, bathroom & toilet on the East side and make that the bedroom wing. Make the rumpus room from the internal garage wall towards the west. Move your balcony from that same point and wrap it around your rumpus room with big bifold doors that open to one side. This will give you the views and entertaining space in & out. Move the laundry door from the front entry to where the cupboard is at the moment. Leave the garage/Laundry door where it is and seen if you could get cupboards for storage along that garage/laundry wall. In your kitchen area I would extend the doors on that balcony out which will give you more room for stools along the breakfast bench. Move your toilet to the back wall of your living room near the stairs. I know that wall is long but your designer should be able to fit in a toilet and basin comfortably and what ever area remains you could either make it into a wet bar for entertaining or inbuilt shelving and cupboards below? or maybe even the piano, which will not be in a walk way now but in nook overlooking the living area; where it can be used on special occasions. I would also do the same with the balcony as below and wrap it around the living room with big bifolds opening to one side which will give you that indoor/outdoor living space especially if you have the wonderful views you say towards the south/west. Get rid of you french doors leading into the living room and open up all the space so it feel airy and roomy. With the toilet gone from where it is, the piano moved and the balcony moved out a little, your walk way is opened up, there will be a better flow into your dining and library areas without walls and obstacles. You will get a much better view out from your kitchen area, (which lets face it is where you will spend a lot of time) as you will be able to see the views to the south and west whilst standing at the sink. Where as it stands now you have a toilet and french doors blocking the view from your kitchen.
    ...See More
  • Patricia Green
    5 years ago

Although I'm ever grateful for my stint as a stay at home mom for the past seven years, I've also recently been experiencing anxiety and this unshakeable need to get out and do something now that my children are all school age. When they were younger we undertook the task of renovating the main floor of our own home, and I fell in love with it! I know I can't return the the hectic pace of the advertising world I once worked in. I've had many people tell me I have a natural talent for design, and I'm always creating - creativity runs deep in my blood, in everything I do.

Having the opportunity to take this course would give me the confidence I need to start coming out of my shell and pitching design projects in my town. In my efforts to overcome my anxiety I've really tried to focus on what brings me joy. I know that I want to do meaningful work and I truly believe that beautiful interior design can spark joy for others, just as creating those spaces will bring joy to me.

Thank you for the opportunity to win this course. It would be so helpful to us as a single income family!

• HU-818032470
    5 years ago

I’ve been going to auctions and antique malls since I was drug there by my parents when I was little. I hated it but didn’t realize I had my mom’s eye for quality pieces and my dad’s love for rustic antiques. Now that I’m old(er), I’d love an excuse to take this class.

• Nathanielle Godbout
    5 years ago

I'm a stay-at-home mom, in urgent need of a transition, for budgetary purposes. I have a diploma in architectural design and drafting with Autocad (2 years of trade school), but I want to add to this my artistic flair and complement my very technical background with the design approach of interior design/decorating. I have a deep interest and love for all things aesthetic in architecture. I have been told multiple times that I have a knack for interior decorating, but I would love to enter the professional world. I want to to it with the right tools. For all these reasons, I think I am a perfect candidate!

• Kerri Hunt
    5 years ago

I have a fetish for interior design that I dream of turning into a career. This would be a great foundation for me to build on (no pun intended)!!!

• Bojana Bajac
    5 years ago

I started with interior design marketing, but my heart has always been in design. Great passion for interior design blogging and extra effort I’m always putting into my creations and mood boards brought me to some unbelievable opportunities. After four years in the field I am now working side by side with designers, got my first two clients (they are not family, but not paying for my services either) and even becoming a columnist on my favourite interior design blog/magazine soon. To be able to grow from this I know I need more education in the field of design. I need to learn from you. I have no time or money to pursue a formal diploma though. I know it is not very likely that you will choose me, but if you do - that will be my sign! When you work so hard and sacrifice so much to achieve your goals and pursue your dreams, luck will smile at you at some point and give you a gentle push ahead. It happened before. With all of my heart I hope it will happen this time too. I know I’ve got talent, motivation and marketing knowledge to pull this trough. All that’s missing is interior design background. Are you going to be my angels and skyrocket me to my wildest dreams?

#IDIstudent

• Angelle Robin
    5 years ago
    Thank you for giving a deserving individual a chance to win this course to enhance their life!
    I love beautiful spaces and what could be more rewarding than having the tools and education to help be the creator of beautiful spaces? I loved reading the testimonials on the TIDI's website, most raved about the support and encouragement that helped boost confidence to succeed in the industry. I believe this aspect as well as the course outline are critical to help a lover of all things beautiful in design.
    For me personally, I can foresee several opportunities this education could open for the future. Winning this amazing gift would help me know I'm on the right track with the plans I have for my future. Thank you for the opportunity and your consideration!
  • Amy Smith
    5 years ago
    #IDIstudent I’ve always had a passion for interior design and I’m at a point in my life where I’m ready for a career change. This would be the perfect opportunity. My husband is in construction and I feel like we would make a perfect team!
  • aleighaileene
    5 years ago

This is so exciting! I’d love to be a #IDIstudent! I’m currently studying interior design at my local community college and have found that the limited class times make it impossible to have a job and attend school at the same time. Having the flexibility of an online program is a dream of mine! I’m currently getting my real estate license as well and plan on pursuing my dream of turning houses into homes and following in my families footsteps. I’ve always been in love with interior design and homes in general! To be able to turn houses in my community into homes families can live in for years to come is really such an exciting and rewarding opportunity that this course could make happen. I’d love to be on the right track to making my dreams a reality and this course would be an amazing start.

• Zonke Mazwi
    5 years ago

I am a young lady who has always had a passion for interior design, I remember growing up I always had a vision of my house and how I would personalise it according to my own style. I am ready to start something new and interior design is part of the things I want to pursue. Wherever I go whether its in a restaurant or hotel all I get excited about is the space, the lighting, the tiles and etc..

• aleighaileene
    5 years ago

Can’t wait to see who wins this amazing opportunity!

• stacey17051991
    5 years ago

I love design so much and am about to become a qualified building designer in less than two weeks! To study interior design would be icing on the cake and would be a huge benefit to my career in which I am so passionate about. I will not only be able to give advice on a clients build but also help them really see the interior potential to turn a house into a home

• HU-532086736
    5 years ago

I’m hoping I get to win this competition as the winners will be announced on the date of my birthday ☺️.

I am currently wrapping up my studies in Quantity Surveying and working for a construction company. I would like to like complement my qualification with an Interior Design Diploma

This course is perfect as it would allow me to take it at my own pace, considering my work schedule.

I have a love for interior design. My research topic for my BTech was “ An investigation of green building interiors on occupants”. I got to explore the effects that interior designing have on human health and well-being. This research fueled my interest in interior design, making me realize the importance of the role that interior designers play in putting together buildings that become homes and places where we spent a lot of our time - schools, offices etc.

Fingers crossed for my name in that winners announcement

• Sandry Lauper
    5 years ago

Interior Design is my passion. I feel that it is time to follow my dreams and become an Interior Designer. Currently I am a Civil Engineer, so I believe that I can add to my construction knowledge my creative ideas. This is a great opportunity to do in life what I really want.

• Samantha Goncalves
    5 years ago
    Years ago, I was going through a hard time while I was in an Interior Design Degree program. Unfortunately I had to drop out of the course, even with my strong passion for interior design. Throughout the years I took other courses to advance myself in another career path of Marketing. However I found myself still not satisfied with the work I was doing.
    It wasn’t until I met my partner, who is a general contractor, that I rediscovered my love for design. I found myself completely invested in his work, wanting to know every step and begging him to send me a million progress pictures of his jobs. He has completely influenced me in getting back into the career I was once so in love with. With a full time job, it would be very difficult to be completely immersed in school. When I discovered the Interior Design Institute, I realized that this should be my path and my way of getting back to doing what I love most, as well as potentially partnering with my amazing boyfriend and doing wonderful work together. That is why I would love, to take this course!
  • Holly Slaney
    5 years ago
    I have been waiting to be financially stable to afford to pay for this course but to win it for free would be such a blessing omg!
  • J D
    5 years ago

I have been saving my pennies for this exact course, but as a stay at home mom it has been a bit of a challenge! I have wanted to do interior design since high school, many years ago, but never had enough confidence. When my husband and I started flipping houses I clearly saw that design is my passion. Many people ask me to help them with home design, but I am hesitant to dive in until I have more solid theory and knowledge to back up my skills. It will be a dream come true when iI can take this course and make design my life work! Above is one of my renovation makeovers.

• Angel Markotich
    5 years ago
    hello, I am a 20 year old artist. I specialize in makeup, aesthetics, painting and modeling. I have been modeling for 7 years, taking experiences in both ends of the camera into photography aswell (2 years) I am a trained esthetician and aspire to get into dietetics along side interior design. My overall goal is to get into interior design while I start my studies for dietetics in the next few years. I aspire to make people feel good about themselves, whether it be though makeup, pedicures, photography, or changes in diet to make you feel better, everything I do is for the people! I love all forms of art where I can start with a blank/tattered canvas and restore it bringing beauty to what was already there all along. I love making people feel good about themselves in the same way you should feel about your home.
  • Natali Wilde
    5 years ago

I fell in love with design my freshman year of high school. I took Interior Design thinking it would be an "easy A." Turns out it was not easy but it didn't matter because I LOVED it! I had big plans to pursue Interior Design post high school but plans change and dreams get put on hold. I got married and started a family young. I quit college to help put my husband through school and raise our children, always putting others above myself. While I don't regret any of my decisions, I'm ready to continue pursuing my dreams! I know it's my time, and I'm so ready to do big things. I'm a firm believer that a home should be a sanctuary, somewhere where you can feel safe and comfortable. The way a home is designed can turn stress into relief and disappointment into hope. My passion is strong and I would be so excited to have the opportunity to become an #IDIstudent!

• Alisha Campbell
    5 years ago
    I am someone who has always had a love for Property, renovating and just being creative. I had decided to take the leap and create a different future for myself doing something I love and strongly believe this course would help me on my journey. We purchased what is going to be our forever home just over 2 years ago and the passion and time I have put in in the design stage and budgeting has only fueled my passion.
  • PRO
    Interior Design
    5 years ago
    Already an IDI student! I love the course— easy to understand and I feel so confident about the knowledge I am getting. I wish I had the extra cash to add an advance module, so I can not only learn more but extend my time. You see my husband broke his foot in the summer, and got better by August. Taking care of the house and errands made it exhausting to study. Having a soon to be 6 yr old and 4 year old adds more to the story. Being 41, and having the opportunity to start something I’ve always dreamed of, is nothing short of miraculous. Thank you.
  • lydieandfamily
    5 years ago

I would love to win the course. I had a look at it before and it seems a great course to do but sadly can’t afford it.

• MacKenzie Trojanek
    5 years ago

Hello IDI, my name is MacKenzie and I am 24 years old. I have had a passion for Interior Design ever since my single digit days.I would redesign every room in the house, long before I knew this could be a career. Making these visions into real life masterpieces;Making houses into homes.

Once I got to high school they offered an interior design class and I’ve never looked so forward to a class ever. I loved every bit of it and wanted more, more, more. I regret not going to college for interior design, but once I saw this online course I have yet to stop thinking about it. I go to bed every night thinking about all the possibilities and my future as a designer. In the morning, I wake up more motivated then ever.

I work extremely hard at 2 different jobs that are only keeping me in a standstill. I just want to run with this course and never look back. I want to start the new year off with this commitment to following my heart. It would truly be a Christmas miracle to win this course. To win this, I get a second chance to start my dream career and I am so excited to see what the future brings!

• Taylor Finch
    5 years ago

GET EXCITED IDI!

Ive been eye balling the interior design institute for about 4 months now. but I was in love with this opportunity yall created from the very first day I descovered it! The only reason I'm not 4 months into the program is $$$. sooooo fast forward to today (11/27/18) I was on yalls website and I came across this very generous contest. If by some miracle I won this contest I would forever greatful! Why should you pick me?? Because even if you don't I plan to be a student of IDI as soon as I save up enough money, but also because my long-term goal is to design people's dreams homes beyond the expections making their dreams come true... in order for me to do that I'll have to first

complete a short-term goal of mine and thats to get my interior design liscence. Help me make my dream of making other people's dreams come too!! PLEASE:)

-Taylor Finch

• Alex Tubungan
    5 years ago
    I have been planning to study again ID but due to current work commitments, it is difficult to pursue a full time course. I thought that an online course offered by the interior design institute would offer me the best opportunity to study at my own pace, without having to sacrifice work. I majored in Architecture many years ago but have pursued other interest since then, however, now I am definite that wish to pursue design again and focus on the interior design world, I’m sure this is the best opportunity for me, to slowly get back on my passion. Excited to explore infinite possibilities in the world of interior design :).
  • HU-650734605
    5 years ago

hi.I'm nurul.34. A mom of two with a civil engineering background. Since my first born is autistic + having a congenital heart disease, i'm stuck at home as a housewife and of course having an autistic child, my house is a mess!hahahaha. My wall paper torn out, broken tv, living hall without coffee table in order to create a better space i guess.

i love to watch home improvement tv show and i'm soo impressed about how those interior designers can simply make a space looks extremely gorgeous by just arranging a few vases on a console table.

So, if im lucky enough to win this course, i hope i can do something with my messy house hahaha and create a functional space for my autistic son to play and i hope i can offer some advice to help other moms with autistic kids in my country to create a functional space at home for their autistic kids too.

thank you.

• E
    5 years ago

I would love the opportunity to learn more about designing, styling and decorating spaces for my family and my wider community but mainly for my mother. Shes my light, my warmth, my pillow and my
    flower. When I was 13yrs old my father passed away at the young age of 38 from a heart attack. He left behind a widow & 8 children all under the age of 14 yrs. Ever since that day my mothers has had to learn to better her english, hold down 3 jobs, attend church events & contribute what little she had to her community, make, reuse or repurpose whatever she could get her hands on from friends/families, op shops (the salvation army), things left on the side of the road just to make our small little humble abode look & feel cosy for her family of 9. So much of what Ive learnt & seen comes from my mum. Now that Im a mother myself (and expecting no.2) I too would like to use my passion & desire for design in interior (thanks to watching all those interior design shows) to create calming and relaxing spaces for mum, family and friends.

Hence, why I would love to get/win this opportunity to give back to her and build, style, decorate her very own humble abode. As to this day she is still working hard to provide not just for her children but for her grandchildren too.

Faafetai lava (Thank you very much).

• Anastasia Maxon
    5 years ago
    #IDIstudent
  • Anastasia Maxon
    5 years ago
    #IDIstudent

I am not going to start off with anything like “i have always dreamed of becoming the interior designer”. I have never even imagined that there is a profession/hobby/passion like Interior Designer or a stylist, or anything associated with decor, nor did I think it can all go together well and tell a story, and resemble someone’s character. I grew up buying a couch that ‘looked good’, had a table because somebody gave it to me or ... well you get me, was there by unknown circumstances.
    After I met my husband, who is a roofer( yep nothing to do with design), we started doing projects outside our comfort zone, flipping homes, building kitchens, etc. And we did amazing but something was always off: color, placement, style( i mean lack of style), I could never tell. I remember thinking: i need to learn the interior design...No! That’s a crazy idea, there are million different color variations, styles and whatever else interior design involves. And I put that idea aside.
    Fast forward couple years, I am still living with the passion to design inside, buying 10 carpets and returning them because they dont fit the style, choosing a frame for a week and then not buying one because Im frustrated from searching for too long, it is my daily life and I am at the point where I know: it is my calling, I want to be a professional, I want to KNOW the insides and outs of this art. I want to work with people and help them build their homes that resemble their character, their lifestyle.
    I hope it wasnt a super long comment! I would LOVE to be an IDIstudent!
  • Melanie García
    5 years ago

Im very passionated for the beauty, fashion, life trends and design. I want to make an impact in people’s mind thru the design in spaces and accessories. Creating a place where everyone feels inspired and be able to living in a creative and peaceful life.

• c_johnson9902
    5 years ago

I have loved Interior Design since I was a teenager. (I’m almost 50). The creativity and endless options Inspire me. It’s always evolving. My dream would be to someday flip houses or own my own Home Decor Store. I would love the opportunity take these classes and learn everything I can about the industry.

• Portia Luke Hartenberg
    5 years ago

l would love to do this course. ior

• Marie Grace
    5 years ago

I am an aspiring Interior Designer and am very passionate about Home Decor. I have a keen interest in learning about the new trends and the possible combinations of various colors and geometries that can make the space between four walls, and beyond, develop a character of its own.

By gaining professional guidance and international design exposure, I want to use the technical and practical skills to convert my imagination and ideas into reality. If given a chance through this course, I will definitely be more skilled at marking my presence in this field and make my dream possible. Cheers! :)

• HU-28588360
    5 years ago
    Interior Design is my true passion. I studied design in college and earned my bachelors degree in ID during the early 2000’s. I worked for several years in the field but due to circumstances beyond my control, my path was steered in another direction. I also became a mother and took 5 years off from work to raise my kids at home. I have been wanting to get back on course for so long and need a step in the right direction. I believe that taking a course would be so beneficial for me. I think about art, color, design, architecture, and homes on a daily basis. This is my true calling and I would love nothing more than to get back to it!
  • Serina C
    5 years ago

While I’m currently majoring in Business, I’ve always wanted to do something non-traditional with it. Unbeknownst to anyone, I want to take online interior design classes after I graduate and combine those two areas of study to guide my career path.

• Elaine Sinclair
    5 years ago

I took a drafting course after I finished high school and would like to continue/expand my knowledge to learn the interior design. I love to make things love perfect and have an artistic flair. Doing this would be exciting.

• Tracey Ann
    5 years ago

Interior design has always been my passion I love working with space colour and fabrics I have a textiles fdn degree and would really benefit from topping up with this prestigeous course from this elite Institute. Unfortunately I cannot afford this course but would really work hard to gain this qualification and would caŕry the diploma with pride and tell my cllients where I trained as they would be so impressed and I would expect recommendations if I did this course from clients.

Thank you for this lovely opportunity

• Lo Tink
    5 years ago

I am in LOVE with colours, textures, painting, styling, organising.....you name it!!! Interiors have always been a great interest of mine, starting from a young age, growing up in a house which wasn't glamorous and over 100 years old. I started to see how I would change things in this house, starting painting walls from about 12 years old, and my passion has grown from there. I haven't truly explored my creativity with interiors outside of styling, and have never studied to be a stylist/designer, and this is where becoming an #IDIStudent would change that! I want to learn all I can about the design side of things, and guide me as I undertake some big renovations in my own home next year! Persuing a career as a designer is next on my to-do list and this would be an amazing start to the rest of my exciting career and show my children that you are never too old (42) to start a new dream! Thank you for this opportunity Xx

• nageen hussain
    5 years ago
    Hello, #IDIStudent is a great initiative! I have just had my fourth child. After 15 days of settling the house I found out that I was pregnant and so had to start maternity leaves since last May for two years. My husband has a genetic heart condition and is in and out of the hospital. As we all know that buying the house empties the pockets so I get a lot of furniture that is offered for free. I did my children’s study with free table, chairs and book shelves. I want to learn interior designing to set my house for the family as well as to do some work for supporting the family. Thanks for this great promotion #IDIstudent
  • PRO
    Interior Inspirations By Darcy
    5 years ago

I have always dreamed of becoming an interior designer.. I’ve been doing the same job for over 30 years and it’s time for a change and to follow my dreams! I love designing and creating spaces that invite people to come in and stay for a while.. a lot of my friends ask me for advice when they are getting ready for a change or purchasing a new home. I’ve been planning on enrolling in a course to better educate myself and it would mean the world to me to be an #IDIstudent.. its time for me to do what I was made to do!

• Cherie Metcalfe
    5 years ago

Would love to learn more #IDstudent

• melski81
    5 years ago

I'd love to win this course and be an #IDIstudent !!

I am currently a professional photographer and love all things design. I'm ready for my next chapter in life and interiors is it!! I have always dabbled with interior design and friends always love what I do with my house. It's time to take it to the next level and learn all there is to know about interior design. Plus we are renovating next year, and would love to go into the reno with stronger design skills.

• Nicole Sloshberg
    5 years ago

I'm a retail buyer and after every job i tell myself that it's time to make the leap to interior design. I've been researching interior design courses and IDI stood out to me as the place I wanted to study. I started following IDI on instagram and when I saw the free design course offer, I felt it was another sign in the right direction. I'm not working at the moment, so to win this would be a career dream come true. Crossing my fingers #IDIstudent

• Rena Lymb
    5 years ago

Hello, I don't want to say many words why I would love to be a #IDIstudent , I am sending this instead, which summarizes how I feel about interior design:

Inspiration

Notion

Timeless

Energy

Recreation

Ideas

Object

Refurbish

Dream

Envision

Sensation

Imagination

Goal

Nature

• Justin Hall
    5 years ago
    I’d love to become an #IDIstudent because I have a real passion for interior design. I’ve always loved designing and decorating our own home and our family’s homes and it brings me great joy. I love to buy a new chandelier or a new piece of furniture and just stare at it in its new place in our home for weeks after receiving it. New paint does wonders and I’d love to learn different design techniques through the program. Thank you for the consideration!
  • jackmatshepo
    5 years ago
    I definitely want to become an ID student, in my tertiary years I had to study BCom to support my family but I've always been fascinated about interior designing from rearranging my room when I was young (without no ones permission) to always having visions of spaces or rooms I get into. Now I find myself in a space of change and wanting to start my own business here in South Africa. Its really never to late.
  • madzzz11
    5 years ago

I want to become an IDstudent for multiple reasons. I recently finished high school and during my final two years I did ATAR hoping to get into Uni for interior design... but then I messaged the owner or 31 interiors (A past student of the interior design institute). She told me that she didn’t go to University or tafe and instead did the interior design institute online course. After hearing her recommomdation I quickly looked up the course and fell in love with the structure of it, and how detailed it was. When searching for a uni/tafe it is very hard to understand what is actually included in the course and what you will be learning, however with IDI the whole course was laid out and it had everything I wanted to learn about before becoming an interior designer, in extreme detail. I also love how there are advanced modules, this is essential to expand ones knowledge. I would much prefer working online as I am then also able to maintain my casual job and enjoy time with my family and friends too, while i work towards the career i belong in. I have always loved interior design, most of my family work in careers that are to do with housing. My sisters a painter, my brother in laws an electrician and my dads a carpenter, so i have always been around houses... and I always used to imagine the beautiful interiors that could become of them after my dad has finished putting the

roof on top. Youre always pushed as a child to be a mainstream teacher, doctor, lawyer.... but i never fitted into any of those fields, the arts were more my style.... and when I found the interior design institute I felt complete because I knew that was the only pathway I wanted to take to become an interior designer.

• nvk67
    5 years ago

I’d love to become an #IDIstudent because, despite being a qualified accountant, I have a real passion for interior design. I’ve always loved decorating my own home and it makes me happy. Time to do what I love so I am thinking of changing my career path before its too late.

• PRO
    The Interior Design Institute
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Congratulations to melski81 for winning our giveaway! Congratulations on becoming an #IDIstudent!

Also, thank you to all the contestants who entered, we were blown away by your responses! Feel free to send our team an email via our website, and mention this giveaway for a special discount on our course !