Houzz Logo Print
lynette_ludbrook

Does anyone else plan their decor around their pets?

Lynette Ludbrook
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

I recently purchased some wonderful rattan furniture from Cobra Cane in Collingwood, Victoria. The furniture, was wonderfully solid, in hard to come by natural rattan and cane and suited my 1960's home, but had beige cushions.

I had been looking for some rattan furniture for my sun room for a number of years, as it so suits my plants and 60's bird's eye pine feature wall, which I love!

Another pet friendly prerequisite was the couch had to be at least a three-seater, long enough for me to stretch out on and laze with my beloved dog and cat. It passed that criteria with ease!

All I could think about those beige cushions was the disaster they would be with my whippet and black and white cat sharing them with me; I knew it would show every mark, from muddy paws, to blobs of black and white hair when the cat sheds, to marks from bones smuggled in from outside, when my very smart dog opens the door and sneaks a long buried one inside, only to gnaw away on it, on the furniture until caught out!

Ugh!

The old fabric suitably hid all such challenges posed by pets, successfully over nearly two decades!

I happily paid a little extra to have some groovy 60's green retro, pet friendly looking fabric slip covers made.

Hopefully, they too will not make the pitfalls of pet ownership too obvious either!

Now all of us are enjoying our new furniture!

Comments (12)