Plain front facade for elevated single level home

T S
December 8, 2018
Hi
We have nearly completed an extension at the front of our house. The facade is a little boring. The ensuite and walk in are on both sides of the master suite. There is way too much render. Does anyone have any suggestions. We were thinking some long plants either side or maybe some stone cladding. Thank you

• JE C

I don't think it will look bad when landscaped, perhaps with a raised bed in front of the window. It would be nice to introduce another hard finish but I think maybe timber....one of the photos has a large timber step/ platform which might work here. Whar sort of fence are you planning?

• julie herbert
    Hi T S,
    Looks great, I would plant beautiful evergreen Magnolias either side of your windows for a modern lush look and they will compliment the house beautifully, I think once your landscaping is complete it will look gorgeous
    Dr Retro House Calls

A planter box in a contrasting material, that is designed with the landscape will soften the harshness of your front facade.

Sympathetically Extended · More Info

Best of luck,

Dr Retro

of Dr Retro House Calls

MB Design & Drafting

Landscaping and paint.

Choose a different colour for one part of the facade.

Bit hard to tell where to start and finish from the picture.

The good doctors idea of a planter is fantastic!

Plants and paint are really quite cheap and give the best value for money.