Painting a red brick house

Christelle D
December 9, 2018

We are looking to paint our red brick house. We also have cream roller shutters. I would like to paint the house grey but wondering what the cream shutters would look like??? Has anyone painted a house with cream roller shutters?I'm told we shouldn't paint the shutters as it may cause them to jam.

• me me
    Could you post a picture please?
    Grey and cream will rarely go together. You may need to rethink your paint colour, there are 1000s to chose from. I think you could paint the shutters but it would require touch ups around the moving parts.
    Dr Retro House Calls

I agree with bigreader that grey and cream rarely work well together. You won't many photos of thic combination as it doesn't work. I would be considering other options before painting red brick - as once painted it is there forever. A picture would help Houzzers make some suggestions. Grey paint is the apricot paint of the 2020's.

Best of luck with your considerations,

Dr Retro

of Dr Retro House Calls