Houzz Logo Print
victoria_howe5

Do I need a Drafts person or building designer?

Victoria Howe
5 years ago
Hello everyone,
My husband and considering the process in becoming owner builders. I have read many papers, clips, websites, blogs etc with the pros and cons and I know it will be a tough undertaking, so I am not necessarily asking for advice regarding the owner build process.

It is the floor plan, how to get started is my issue.

I have imagined my own floor plan for many years and only recently drawn it. Now... I feel like I am really happy with the floor plan. I believe I have considered light, flow within the home, size, use of space etc but I wonder if it is good enough. Not sure who other than us it needs to be good enough for, but I am just concerned I need a fresh set of eyes to look at it.
Is that what a draft person would do, or would they just draw up what I have already designed?
I am just stuck with what to do next, I need to complete the floor plan so I can get quotes on the frame/build but need to know if my plan is going to come within budget. So I don’t want to pay out $100’s of dollars for drawings if it is way out of budget in the first place.
Any advice would be greatly received I apologise if this has been asked many times before.
Please also feel free to comment on the plans.

Comments (8)