Houzz Logo Print
wiz_zle

Polished concrete: Show me some pictures!

Wiz Zle
5 years ago

We are in the early stages of building our first home. Hubby is all about it being energy efficient and passive solar. The block was purchased because of its favourable location and the house design has been done specifically for the block and to maximise the elements of mother nature. A lot of budget is being allocated to appliances, solar panels, heat pumps, rain water tanks etc. to ensure the longevity of an energy efficient, sustainable home. But my long time dream of timber floors has fast been cast aside for a more thermal (and probably cost effective) polished concrete. I am not adverse to the concrete itself, but I really loath grey. I am having a hard time envisioning how this house is going to come together.

I have always envisioned a bit of a Hamptons cross Californian Bungalow cross Farm House style home - timber floors, deep skirting boards, farm style kitchen, latte coloured walls with white trimmings and white plantation shutters. I have never pictured concrete floors or fussy drapes and curtains and did I mention I don't like grey?!

I would love to see any pictures or links you might have of kitchens/bedrooms/living areas with polished concrete, that aren't too modern or industrial. I know the concrete can be coloured and aggregate added, but my google searching either shows me grey floors or close ups of the floor only, so I can't see how the rest of the room is decorated.

Thanks in advance for your help with this one. :)

Comment (1)