Hamptons Style Kitchen - Tapware

Andrea Huber
January 31, 2019

I am looking at renovating my kitchen with a Hamptons vibe - not full blown hamptons as it is a small galley kitchen. White Shaker cabinetry with marble benchtops & dark oak floors. My question is whether to go with black cupboard fixtures and black tapware or go with brushed stainless ( I don't like brass). Is black tapware just a passing fad or is it a must have any modern kitchen these days? My house is a typical 80's brick veneer, not heritage or cottage

Vicky Yuan

If you are keen for black tapware, make sure that they come with a PVD coating. Colour on a standard powdercoated tap will rub off in time. If you are on a budget, stick with brushed stainless steel which is still a timeless choice.

Vicky Yuan

Interior Architecture + Design

Fontaine Industries

Hi Andrea,

You’ll find that chrome is more traditional in styling with a Hamptons vibe however black tapware is a more modern approach to the design style. It would look quite good when matched with the black cupboard fixtures against the dark floors and marble bench top.

Black tapware continuously remains a popular choice both because of its aesthetics but also because of its maintenance as you won’t see fingerprints scattered over your tapware. We definitely agree with the above comment and recommended you stay clear of powder coated tapware.

Fontaine Industries offers various styles of black kitchen tapware that you can find here.