kallio4

Furniture layout HELP!!

kallio4
February 2, 2019
Hi all,
My husband and I have recently renovated a small house and we are about to love in. A few things have already gone in but I am stumped about where to put the furniture in the living/TV area as the place of the wood heater is set. My hubby doesn’t t want to move it as all the rafters have been set out already for it.
We would love comfy everyday furniture. We are going for a farmhouse/beachy theme.
I have attached photos and measurements.
There is a study nook and opposite that I will put a display cabinet, but I am struggling with the TV area.
Please help with any suggestions.
(Maybe one suggestion/plan putting the heater in the corner so I can show hubby it may be better! )
Thanks!

• kallio4
    More photos
  • kallio4
    Photos
  • dreamer
    Measurements of rooms would help in advice. Thanks
  • kallio4
    Oh sorry! Thought I added them.
    Here it is:

try some high and low bookshelves wrapped around the inner wall with a wall mounted TV (IKEA has several variations that would match your style) and use the TV bench elsewhere if it can't be used as a coffee table in the corner and i'm sorry but i could not find a corner arrangement for the heater that would also allow for some lounge furniture...always a good idea for hubby to right occasionally!

• kallio4
    Wow...That’s thinking out of the box!
    I never would have thought to do that!
    Thank you!
    I will have to try an play with some furniture to see if it suits.
    We would have to put our antenna and a electrical point on that side. What about the TV on the other corner wall? Next to the heater? Oh also, it will be a larger TV as this one is just one for the kids for a bit of downtime during our long days renovating.

if the tv were on the other wall...how would you face the tv...all depends on available space

• kallio4
    I understand.
    It is a small space to work with, hence my dilemma. Maybe I need just some smaller furniture - a two seater and a couple smaller arm chairs.
    We do have a larger sitting/cinema room on the other side which will have more of a plush lounge.
    (We will be building some barn doors to cover the entrance to that room)

so the Barn doors will be going inside the media room to avoid the fire place?

• kallio4
    It will be on the side of the dining table. I don’t have a photo of the full opening area, but there is enough room between the open barn door and the heater.

Great just asking to ensure you are aware of radiating heat from the freestanding fire