nurali_prasla

Small yard refresh suggestions

Nurali Prasla
February 10, 2019

Hi All,
I am in the process decorating our side yard. Would appriciate your advice.
I am thinking at putting 3 screens on fence plus 2 planter on the side (see picture).
Would love your advice about my plan plus

Do I paint the planter boxes in white or any other colour?

Suggestion on plants to use in planters. I am thinking of 2 plants each - Golden Cane Palms.
Any other suggestions are welcome.
please see attached images.

Dr Retro House Calls

Beautiful tiling is let down by that old fence. I would look at renewing the fence, perhaps to something taller to block out the neighbours, and paint it to match the brickwork. Don't bother with fence extenders as they alawys look like an add-on.

Best of luck,

Dr Retro

of Dr Retro House Calls

• julie herbert
    Hi Nurali,
    Love the three screens you have chosen, the planter boxes are great, not sure that I would paint them white as they may detract from the screens, a natural stain would look beautiful and blend with your colour scheme, golden cane palms would look fabulous, rhapis palm looks very elegant and try and find room for a pot of Xanadu for a lush look , gorgeous area.
  • Tilly
    Like you ideas, I would just hang the 3 pieces close together like 25mm apart. I would stain the planter pots to match the fence and your choice of palm will look lovely but maybe one per pot to allow for future growth and then just add a bit more low greenery.
  • Nurali Prasla

Progress pic. Any suggestions?