fussycat

Facade help .....i’m at the end of my creativity!

fussycat
February 16, 2019

Hi houzzers I need serious help my slab is being poured next week and I still haven’t chosen a brick!

my thought process to date please tell me i’m on the right track and my colour scheme will work, but what do I do with the parapets & columns?

Fascia/gutters - monument

windows - monument

brick - Austral Bowral blue/ PGH balmarino blend

mortar - flush dark grey

roof - flat tiles low to no profile slate grey/black

garage door - cedar colour

parapette and columns no idea it’s killing me

second story at back Axion in Basalt/monument

front doors - already chosen wrought iron feature

Thanks xxx

Dr Retro House Calls

Fussycat - I think your issue is not creativity but visualisation. Get the draftsman who did your 3D image to put your proposed colours onto the image. They will probably charge extra, but will give you peace of mind, or make you realize that you need to reconsider your options.

You actually have quite a lot happening in a small elevation, and as it is probably too late to change any of the design or details, I would keep my palette as simple as possible, and focus on your brickwork selections (as they are ordered first), then work from there.

If your draftsman doesn't deal with colour selections then you should reach out to a design professional who does deal with exterior selections, who has done it lots of times before.

Best of luck,

Dr Retro

of Dr Retro House Calls

I don't know what bricks you are using, but you could try this, they offer your chosen colour scheme and when you go to leave the site a pop up offers you a download of 9 colour schemes

https://australbricks.com.au/ivisualise/