Houzz Logo Print
ruby_tran84

16mm HMR or 2 Pac polyurethane?

ruby tran
5 years ago
Hi, does anyone know the pros and cons from building cabinets using only 16mm HMR white board instead of polyurethane for a home office tables/cabinets?

Here is a sample of my design.

Would appreciate if anyone has any design tips to maximise storage?

Thanks

Comments (5)

• R A
    5 years ago
    Design suggestion- perhaps rearrange the upper cabinets so that 1 double doored cupboard sits over each of the desk areas. Then consolidate the open shelves in the centre of the uppers. This will help to balance the wall and help the uppers to look less visually heavy.
  • R A
    5 years ago
    Also if the style permits then a pegboard running across the wall between uppers and lowers. Ikea has a great range of accessories for peg boards if functionality and max storage is priority over aesthetics.
  • ruby tran
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    thanks for the suggestions. we have roller blinds on the left hand side which makes this abit more challenging to visualise.
  • R A
    5 years ago
    Then the open shelves make practical sense if there is a roller blind there.
  • dreamer
    5 years ago
    Hi ruby, I have attached photos of our home office setup. Similar to yours with desk. But I have installed drawers. The bottom larger drawer is the same size as a filing cabinet. I have placed filing carry boxes inside these drawers for hanging files. Hope this helps.