Cushions for new living area

cuddlz88
February 19, 2019

We have ordered a new lounge, have a new rug and new painting. The painting is the focal point of the room so I want to compliment painting by the cushions we buy for the lounge. I would love your artistic advice before I go out and buy cushions. Here are the pictures of the lounge, painting and rug. Thanks!

• julie herbert
    Hi cuddlz88,
    I would pick up a colour from your painting as a feature cushion like this one from west elm, then go for a textured look or plump linen, there are some gorgeous ones around at the moment.
  • cuddlz88

I should mention that the lounge won’t be right next to the painting so to break up the grey of the lounge and rug I feel the cushions need to bring in more colour. This is our living room with our old lounge and the painting is going on the wall to to the right in the nook room that comes off the living room

• cuddlz88

Any other ideas? Also where is a good place to buy cushions that doesn’t break the bank too much. Thanks!

Hi there, did you check out "Wild Heart Collective " on houzz for art works, Nik has some lovely art work

• cuddlz88

Hi siriday. I have the artwork, it’s advice on cushions I’m after but thanks :)

• julie herbert
    Hi,
    Try Target ,Kmart , Adairs for reasonably priced cushions, plenty of stylish looks and colours to choose from.
  • cloudpants
    I love your new furnishings and decor! I think they will look great with your floors. Besides the places mentioned, visit Target and online, sign up to 'The Home' and search cushions. I haven't bought cushions from them, but had great success with Sheridan linen.
  • me me
    I would wait till all the furniture, artwark and rug are together in the room, then you will be better able to choose the cushions.

Your choice so far looks lovely, I just wanted to give Nik a plug "Wild Heart Collective", it's really lovely art

• cuddlz88

Got the lounge delivered this morning so will put it all together tonight :) I’m thinking a mix of dark grey, light pink and black and white for the cushions as I have plenty of aqua throughout the house

• cuddlz88

What does everyone think? Any changes needed? Do I need to bring any aqua into the lounge area or is the pink, greys and white enough from the painting?

• JE C
    I think you have done well; personally I would not pick up the aqua in the cushions. If you feel like you need more cushions- which I am not sure you do- maybe keep it understated and pick up the mid grey of the rug, or some texture.
  • cuddlz88

I’m in 2 thoughts. Ive always had a aqua theme and I love how the feel of the place looks beachy but this is swaying away from that. Wondering if I should replace the pink with aqua to stick to that theme? Or would that be too much aqua?

• JE C
    I think either could work....you could buy some and take them back if not keen?
  • cuddlz88

Yea I will have a look around. Wish I had my own interior decorator haha

• julie herbert
    What about a gorgeous round coffee table, , you could add a bit of metallic look which is very in at the moment and could lift the area, a beautiful tray with some lovely pieces, a gorgeous pot on your other table could tie it together

what about some soft patterned natural and sand coloured cushions to go with the pink, is there enough room to swap the chaise to where the lounge is and have that at RA facing to the wall with a gap between both lounges, ie: not touching, love the lounges

in NSW we have some "circle of friends" stores that import some lovely very affordable cushions

• cuddlz88

If we swapped the chaise lounge to the position of the 2 seater it makes the gap to walk around it a bit narrow and we don’t want to move it down any further as it would be too close to the tv. That was the challenge we had looking for a lounge that worked in the room unfortunately. I like the idea of the sandy/natural tone cushion just thought I needed contrast of the 3 colours (white, pink and dark grey). Would you add the sandy colour to it or replace it with cushions already there? If so which ones would you replace?

I would work with the photo that you first posted of the lounge, your lovely soft pink cushions would work with the cushions shown in that photo and have great beachy look