jodie_narik

Stone Benchtop Manufacturers - hit me with all the brands

Jodes
March 20, 2019
I want to find the whitest benchtop possible in stone/composite material. (With veining)

In order to do this, I need to know all the brands and manufacturers in Vic. We’re regional, so I can’t drive around to every show room unfortunately.

All the pics on Pinterest of white kitchens have everything flowing so beautifully, I don’t seem to be having the same luck!! I need to photoshop my house to look like a photo

Thanks

Dr Retro House Calls

Jodes, the reason why all of the good kitchens on Pinterest look like they have been photoshopped is because they have. Some of the larger manufacturers (such as Ceaserstone) have a great sample chip service where you can order samples for free to be posted to you. Your perception of your white benchtop will be influenced by the other colours in your kitchen such as the splashback and cabinetwork, as well as the lighting, so making your final decsions at home is always the best.

If you are looking for whiteness don't consider a natural stone for your kitchen as these marbles are softer and more porous than the reconstituted stones. You get a more durable surface that is easier to live with a white reconstituted stone.

Never base your selection on a photo or an internet image as they are indicitive, and these images lie! Finally when ordering a reconstituted benchtop there is a fair bit of back and forth for the stonemason. A good stonemason will visit to get an template for your kitchen benchtop, then return to his workshop, then cut the stone to match the template, then revisit to install. If you are in a regional area it is worthwhile finding out what brands your local guy will work with. There is no point is making a selection from a brand if the nearest stonemason who will work with that brand is 500kms away!

Best of luck,

Dr Retro

of Dr Retro House Calls

• Jodes
    Thanks Dr Retro.

We are going to visit the stonemason tomorrow and take a sample of our wall colour (which is also the drawer colour) with us. Hopefully can find a material that doesn’t clash.

Do you think if you visited the Pinterest kitchens they wouldn’t quite match as well as what’s shown in the pics?
    I’m also in a regional area. Delivery of a benchtop from outside your area is expensive and risky. The first step is probably seeing if you can get something you are happy with, in colour and price, from a local supplier. They will have samples. A lot of the photos on Pintrest and Houzz are shot by professionals using the best possible lighting, you really do need to pick something that will suit you in real life.