Houzz Logo Print
dorsetemma

Windows or bathroom?

dorsetemma
5 years ago

Help! We have a limited budget which needs to be spread as far as possible. To make the biggest impact, we had hoped to be able to replace all of the (tired, yellow, flimsy) metal windows, paint the outside of the house and also redo the main bathroom. However it looks like we only have the budget to do either the windows or the bathroom, not both. We will probably paint the exterior either way but the colour will depend on the windows.

If we do the windows, we would install more solid, white powder coated windows and the house colour could then be updated to a fresher pale green and white palette rather than the traditional yellow and red. At the moment the main bathroom is an internal room with 2 light tubes and bright blue 80's decor. We would really like to move it so it has an exterior window and then update with modern fixtures and tiles.

The quote for the painting and windows seem reasonable for the amount of work involved and would leave some funds left over to do the ensuite. The quote for the bathroom is huge and, although we have been told by the agent that the bathroom really needs to be done, I'm struggling to justify the cost. There would be nothing left over if we did the bathroom.

I've attached a photo of the exterior and also the bathroom. I'd appreciate any feedback as to how you think we should proceed. Thanks!

Comments (5)