Houzz Logo Print
webuser_138415149

HELP WITH MISSING RANGEHOOD

Ken Buxton
5 years ago

Hello,

Sorry in advance to bring up an old thread/subject,However looking for any additional advice/direction i can get on comment from midesign0401 below...

mldesign0401

In Victoria a range hood is a requirement in new kitchens. No longer is it acceptable for a simple exhaust unit, rather it must now be ducted to external air. So your range hood must be flued either through your roof space or via a horizontal duct to an external wall. It must be installed and signed off, and your house insurance will require your sign off document if your house insurance is to cover damage due to fire, or you will find yourself in a predicament. The provision for installing a range hood above a gas cooktop is a minimum placement of 650mm above your cooktop, and 605 for an electric hob. Including induction. Hope this helps.

Our new home got handed over to us by builder just before Christmas (21/12/2018),

We are still waiting for under mount rangehood to be installed into our kitchen,

The house was delivered with no rangehood as the hole they provided was to close to accommodate rangehood selection,

After a couple of visits we have been told that cupboards are to be removed and replaced,

Which we are still waiting for as the 'cabinetmaker is very busy',

My inquiry is to see whether there is a building code reference/link

I can forward on to them to hurry the process up,

Also concerned that insurance would not cover our new house if there happened to be a fire
Thanks in advance,

We look forward to any help,
Regards,

Ken and Nadia Buxton

Comment