Houzz Logo Print
adam_scougall

Before and after: Mosman guest bathroom

We recently completed this amazing guest bathroom project in Mosman NSW. Take a look at the before and after photos to get the full scope of the renovation and wonderful changes made.

My client brief:

The brief was to bring this dated guest bathroom into the current age. The glossy white tiles [with multi coloured feature detail] were circa late 1980’s and my client wanted a complete refresh. The bathroom was originally a segue between two guest bedrooms, with the intention now to block off one entry and make an exclusive bathroom for just one guest bedroom. The other adjoining room then was transformed into a media room.

Before: The guest bathroom was all glossy white tile with dated fittings. I wanted to remove the double vanity and wall to wall joinery as it was suffocating the space. Two sinks were not required functionally, and reducing to one 1200mm vanity would free up space. The doorway ahead would eventually be closed in.

Before: No need for a bath anymore, so this was to be removed and a frameless shower screen added.

After: By blocking in one of the doors, I added interest to the now uninterrupted wall. I opted for a grey Chevron tile from Di Lorenzo tiles. The floor and fourth wall were kept to a simple tile that meshed tonally, designed not to fight for air time with our star Chevron tile.

The client, a keen art lover, had a collection of interesting pieces so I decided to use a fabulous piece by Italian/Australian artist Salvatore Zofrea to add a graphic black & white statement to a Chevron feature wall

After: To add warmth, a blackbutt wooden vanity top was added and the vanity cupboards and mirror were painted in Dulux ‘Malay Grey’. Backlit LED lighting in the 1200 mm wide mirror added ambient light.

After: Waterproofed LED lighting was also added to the new niche designed within the shower area. A frameless shower screen simplified and modernised the new walk in shower area.

Keeping it simple but modern was key. Burnt black accessories and a touch of green leaf are all that were required to add the finishing touches this sleek, and now very modern guest bathroom.

A bathroom now refreshed and totally up to date for 2019 and beyond.

See me taking you through the process in the before & after video here! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtaxSXxhAbs

Adam Scougall

Adamscougall.com

Comments (8)