Houzz Logo Print
jbakerfc

Help with layout for 2 bathroom renovations

jbakerfc
4 years ago

Our house is approximately 30 years old and pretty much in original condition. We plan to renovate both the bathrooms first and hopefully later in the year the kitchen and laundry. ( I would appreciate some advice on these other areas later on).
Both bathrooms are small - 2480 x 1800. The shower in each is only 800 x 800. I have attached a plan of the house.

Bathroom 1 services both the main bedroom 1 and bedroom 2. It has a toilet, shower and vanity. We are thinking of perhaps keeping the same layout but with a bigger shower and moving the toilet over a bit to accommodate this. The window height from floor is 750. Another option we had considered was to somehow reconfigure bedroom 1 and bathroom and hallway to create a master bedroom with walk-in robe and en-suite and move the doorway of the 2nd bedroom to the other wall. But we haven’t worked out how to do this effectively. Any advice on both these options would be much appreciated.

The 2nd bathroom has a shower, separate inset bath and vanity. The window height from floor is only 500.
I know everyone will say get rid of the bath but we do use it and would be happy to compromise on a smaller bath as we would like to increase the shower to 900. We definitely do not want a shower over the bath. I know this is a lot to ask in such a small space so we are very keen to hear everyone’s idea. We are unable to combine toilet and hallway space in front of toilet as this wall has the return duct for the central heating and there is really no other cupboard to relocate this too.
I have also attached pictures of both bathrooms.

Comments (10)