dwa73505

Mirror tiles - Is there any cool use for these!

dwa73505
June 22, 2019
last modified: June 22, 2019

I have been kindly gifted some mirror tiles 300x300, and I am sceptical that there is anything I can do with them that is not straight out of 1970s kitsch, and I don’t mean good kitsch.

Would anyone have any suggestions please? Cheers, Anna,

Are they beveled and how many do you have

dwa73505 thanked siriuskey
  • dwa73505

Hi, yes, they are beveled. There are 7, and could be augmented as they seem to be from Bunnings.

• dwa73505

Very interesting to put them on a door.

The right door could look amazing, 7 doesn't give much to work with perhaps put them (6) on the wall and then frame them, I had them on a wall in my unit years ago when the were IN.

dwa73505 thanked siriuskey
  • dwa73505

I am happy to buy more. But I’m not quite sure why. The corridor idea is an excellent one, but doesn’t apply to my place.

I think that they are now a bit weird and if you don’t immediately love them, you’ll never will. I’d pass them on.

dwa73505 thanked bigreader
  • dwa73505

I tend to agree. I’ve never really liked them but I just wondered if someone was a bit more creative and could update a use.

Dr Retro House Calls

I have used them on the north facing wall of a skylight shaft at the top, just below a Velux window.. You don't really notice them unless you look up the shaft but they do bounce a lot of extra light down the shaft. I have done this for an internal laundry and ensuite where there are no windows, and as a result neither of these rooms seem dark or gloomy during the day.

Best of luck with your considerations,

Dr Retro

of Dr Retro House Calls

dwa73505 thanked Dr Retro House Calls
  • julie herbert

Hi Anna, just a few more ideas. Love the idea of adding a small shelf to add interest, you could back them or just stick them on the wall and add a floating shelf.

dwa73505 thanked julie herbert
  • Mikala Little

if you dont use them on the house, repurpose them as a base for putting presents on with cellophane wrapping - ie candles & chocolates for teacher presents (sorry my kids are still at school!)

• Kate

Love the top pic Julie.

Could put then on back of a hinged wardrobe door or shaving cabinet door