Houzz Logo Print
bhp19

Help putting finishing touches on house design.

bhp19
4 years ago

We are in the midst of designing our future home which we intend to owner build/manage and I can see three areas where I think we may need some professional assistance, but I want to know whether one professional could assist us with these areas rather than hiring three different consultants?

The areas where we require assistance are:

· Kitchen layout – We know the general layout of walls, space we have to work in etc. but we are having trouble deciding how to make the best use of the space, where to position appliances, whether to leave access to walk in pantry open or put a door on it etc..

· Lighting design – I will be wiring the house (yes I’m a licensed Electrician) but I have no idea about lighting, more specifically layering lighting to get the best effect for both task and ambience lighting. This will be even more important in our living areas as we will have cathedral ceilings that we would like to make a bit of a feature of (wall mounted up-lights?).

· Garden layout – We have a sloping block in a bushfire area so we pretty much have retaining wall locations locked in and gravel paths all the way around the house. We know what style of garden we want (Mornington Peninsula native coastal with a hint of Mediterranean…if that makes sense?!?) but we need help fitting in a vegetable garden, citrus trees, garden workshop, kid’s play area etc.

If anyone can provide referrals for professional’s they’ve used, or professional’s who believe they can help with all of these areas, please feel free to comment.

Thanks in advance.

Comments (2)