janette_norman74

Living room furniture colour choice

Janette Norman
July 19, 2019

We are moving into a new home that has a blue kitchen as part of a 'great room'. Would love some ideas about colour and style for lounge area. I quite like a transitional look. Furniture in the photos is current owners, but large work bench/chopping block stays. Thanks

• amonymousanne

My suggestion is similar colours and furniture to this .

• A T

I thank keep the Blue/Navy elements & mix it with grey tones to keep that beachy coastal feel.

• julie herbert

What a fabulous room Janette, great bold kitchen, I would compliment it by adding touches of blue into your furniture and decor, chopping block / bench is fabulous, you could even find pieces in same timber for hall or side tables.. gorgeous

• scottishus

Keep the Hamptons style going. Suggest 2 sofas in a blue and white/cream stripe. Maybe a couple of big armchairs in plain dark blue or blue and white check. A bid ottoman for a coffee table. Have fun.

• JE C

I think Julie has nailed it with the photos. One thing to be mindful of is to make sure that any other blues you bring in sit ok with the kitchen, because it is such a bold tone. Great room it is.

• Janette Norman
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><md>Thanks, Julie. I was thinking the same with the blue accent pieces and actually have the linen chesterfields already
  • julie herbert

Will look stunning Janette.

• Janette Norman

Julie, if only I could find those standard lamps!

• julie herbert

They are stunning aren’t they, the photo is from GOGO design group, you can contact them through designers at Houzz, they may be able to advise you where they are available.

I was thinking something like this

• Janette Norman

Wow, that looks great too!!! Decisions, decisions!!