Houzz Logo Print
sarahmwasyluk

Desperately need help with bathroom tiles!

Sarah P
4 years ago

Please help! I am desperately needing design advice for my main bathroom for a new build, I know I want a light to mid grey 600x600 floor, and for the walls most will be 300x600 satin/Matte white but I need to decide on the feature. I’m going for a hamptons-y, fresh bathroom look to be warmed up with timber accents, possibly black hardware etc so thinking keep all walls white. Vanity will be shaker style with marble look benchtop. I love a subway herringbone in 75x300 (with white grout) and was thinking of doing the back shower/window wall in this and possibly the left side/bath wall as well. Will this look too busy? Should I just stick with those tiles on one wall and if so, which wall for the feature?

Also initially I thought a textured subway but I don’t like the look of the rough cut sides which most seem to be, so I’m thinking of just plain gloss subway to offset all the other matte tiles.

Our en-suite will be same floor tile, 300x600 satin/Matt white with a 100x200 Carrara look tile on the back shower wall (it’s basically same layout just no bath)

Any input is greatly appreciated! Please see pic for layout

Comments (16)