Houzz Logo Print
roseli

What do you think of our outdoor kitchen plan?

Lila
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Hi all,

As per some of my previous posts, we are doing an outdoor kitchen and are now at the design stage.

I would love some suggestions to the proposed design, in case I am overlooking something. Keen to get your feedback if the appliances are at the right places, bench space is well distributed; would you change anything? Why?

Also would love your opinion about the length of the bench. My husband wants full length (from wall to pillar, completely closing the gap between the alfresco and the concreted area next to it). I would prefer to leave a small gap for us to transit from one area to another. In saying that, we can just walk 3 steps around the pillar and will be in the other area. I just feel a full length bench might look too heavy. But I am not really sure. On the picture below, the red line is the full length bench, and the green line is where I would live the gap.

Your ideas and opinions are very welcome. Note that the water, gas and electricity are all on the right hand side, next to wall on the alfresco. We are not installing the rangehood now due to $$ restrictions. Will install it later.

Some Dimensions:

Length of bench: 4300mm

Sink size: 450 x 450mm

BBq size: 850 a 920mm

Wok burner: 420mm

Thanks in advance.

Comments (33)