We are starting our ensuite renovation. The previous owners had started this project before they sold the house. Our house is a pole house, so these poles run through both levels of the house.
We are looking for some design ideas and hoping to bring the 'outdoors' in. We are on a bush block and have a
view to the forest.
Our ideas so far:
* convert the window into louvers and extend these down as far as possible. Note: the roof of our deck is under this part of our house, so we can't have floor to ceiling louvers.
* cut a hole in the wall where the shower niche is and install fixed glass to look out into bush. Make this the same height as the louvers.
* install a half wall to cover the pole and piping, and avoid having hard to clean areas i.e. around the pole.
* full shower screen to protect pole from water
* plumbing has been down for two basins, however we are only wanting one basin in our ensuite.
* keep toilet in the far corner, as plumbing is already done and line up with our downstairs toilet.
I'll upload more photos into comments.
Thanks for your suggestions.