Houzz Logo Print
webuser_6954186

Dividing a kitchen to make a new bathroom in a unit

Galina
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

We bought our first unit, yeey! We like the outlay of the unit, except it has a big laundry In a rather odd space, the left hand side from he entrance of the kitchen.

The unit is large and we would like to rather have a second bathroom than such a large laundry. However if we repurpose the existing laundry into a second bathroom the entrance would have to be from the kitchen, which is rather odd.

So I was thinking to knock the existing laundry and make a new bathroom in the right corner of the kitchen and open a door from the bedroom. All this of course if strata gives us the green light. Do you have any ideas as to how to repurpose the laundry into a second bathroom without knocking down walls?

Also I would like to add awnings to cover the balconies as they are on the top floor and don't have any cover.

I have uploaded the floor plan. Above is the original plan and bellow the changes we would like to make (red is shower, blue is toilet, pink is vanity, black is a door to be opened from the bedroom). The zigged red is where we would like to knock the walls.

Many thank to all your constructive suggestions in advance.

Thanks

Comments (22)