Trying to make the layout of our new home workable.
I have attached the floor plans and my proposed design.
My amateur thoughts were to:
- move the kitchen forward
- behind the new back wall of the kitchen have a walk in pantry and reconfigure the laundry space to sit behind the other half of the wall
- take out walls in the 'dining' area to have an open kitchen/diner/lounge
- build a linen cupboard to the right of the entry as the house has no storage
- block off the window in the kitchen
Problems I can think of:
- where would the door be for the walk in pantry
- would the kitchen be too dark with no window there
Can anyone put forward any suggestions or potential problems?