Houzz Logo Print
dragonfly090

Ideas and Help with Redesign, Renovate

Dragon Fly
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Hello All,

We did some adventure over the weekend and ended up buying a property in Auction in Melbourne's South East

It will be an investment property for now and in 2 yrs time we look to move there. Options we are thinking is either renovate or build a new home.

Please refer to Home Pictures

I am here to get some ideas to

• Renovate
  • Redesign to make it a welcoming home. What are some renovations you recommend based on which I can take to the Architects. I have the floorplans in the following link.
  • Sun room on the floor plan is something that the seller has got built at later stage. The sunroom space looked to be a pergola in the past. Post the conversion there is a step down to get to sunroom from dining.

At this stage considering that it will be leased, I am looking at

• Hardwood Flooring Sanding and polished, replace the ones that are damaged - if any. I have created a poll to see if sanding is the best option, putting up laminates or tiling
  • New Laundry cabinet to be put up
  • Full house painted
  • Two Bathrooms refreshed
  • Bathroom vanity in both Bath's replaced with sink and tap
  • All plumbing inspected and repaired where required
  • Gardening and few other landscaping works - sleepers to be replaced
  • About 10-12 hours of electrician's work
  • Few other minor works around the house

Kind Regards

Sanding and polishing the flooring is best option and cheaper
Forget sanding and polishing, get the laminates done. It is the best option and cheaper if leasing.
Forget sanding and polishing, get the Tiles done all through the house. It is the best option and cheaper if leasing.

Comments (10)