Houzz Logo Print
cupcakes6

How do I make my rental living room work?

cupcakes6
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Hey there, I'm a design newbie and have moved into a rental with kind of an odd-shaped lounge room that I'm finding very challenging to work with. I finally am at a point in my life where I can purchase my own furniture (and not rely on hand-me-downs), which is very exciting. I am going for a mid-century inspired design and will need space for a TV, record player, and books, along with some tiki mugs/knick knacks/bar supplies. I also have guitars that I like to keep on hand (currently in a 6-guitar stand). I am hoping to create a space that will be accommodating for watching TV or having a couple of friends over for a meal, but I'm not sure if that's going to be asking too much given the space constrictions? Happy to hear any ideas of how I can work it out - I've attached a floorplan and photos of the room from the ad (that's not my bizarre furniture layout!). I think there's some potential here given the sliding doors to outside providing some nice light and the brick adding character, but I am just struggling with furniture layout ideas! Thanks in advance for any ideas :)

Comments (7)