Houzz Logo Print
suetheron_london

vessel vanity basin, offset taps, offset basin? How to get it right?

Souzette Lovell
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Hi there. The saga of my bathroom knows no bounds! I've got a 750w wall-mounted vanity (Oliver, below), and a wide shaving cabinet above. The idea was always for wall-mounted brass taps over a centred vessel basin. However the plumber installed the tap spigots incorrectly and now we can't use the wall-mounted taps. I've had to purchase new (second-hand) taps to mount on the vanity benchtop. However the vanity is such that it can still only handle a vessel basin, due to the location of the drawers. The photos below are of the actual products I have on hand (minus the basin).

I was hoping for a 150mm high circular basin, but this wont work, given the space between basin and shaving cabinet, and the fact that the single spout new mixer tap has the mixer at the BASE of the tap, not the top, so it would have to be put on the side in order to access the mixer. I can't find any images of successful side mountings of mixer taps etc

Does anyone know of being able to mount taps to the SIDE of the basin, and how to get the whole thing looking balanced. Im guessing the basin would then have to be to the left-hand side, so the taps would be closer to the middle. Or could i just put the taps to the left-hand side? I can't find pictures or examples anywhere. Thansk in advance.

Comments (8)