Houzz Logo Print
webuser_236342411

Owner Builder Project - Advice Appreciated

Jacq
4 years ago

Hi

My fiance and I have been self funding the build of our first home as owner builders and unfortunately have run into a few road blocks.

Long story short ... the slab was poured unlevel, we had the house panel design re-engineered to be packed out to overcome the level issue which was approved by certifier, builder put the frame up (packed out), frame inspection failed because builder did not follow all engineering specifications, builder refuses to return to site to rectify defective work.

So now I have a defective house frame sitting on top of a defective slab. I have connected with a new builder who has quoted me $30K+ to fix all of this and get the house to lock up without finishings etc.

I am more enclined to have the frame taken down and follow the QBCC defective work process and have the slab rectified, then begin the build again. I have information and evidence etc to get this done.

Unfortunately, we have also run into some very serious health problems, where if I could get rid of this land right now I would do so; so that we can focus on our health. Although I am confident we could work through this defective work and get it all fixed ... I am looking for some hail Mary piece of advise if anyone has it - - how can I get rid of this project the quickest way possible?

Thank you in advance for any little bit of advice you could give me!

Jacq

Comments (2)