Houzz Logo Print
j_vaughan1

Carpet Flooring dilemma

Jutta Vaughan
4 years ago

I have chosen Signature Carpets "Harlow- Creighton" 65 oz carpet with a pile length of 16mm.Half of the carpet was laid before x-mas and not finished. I took a sample of the laid carpet to the showroom to compare with the sample there and the colour was different. I have now taken the showroom sample home to compare what had been laid on the floor and found that the showroom sample had the same length of fibre, but had a mush plusher feel to it and felt very much dense.I am currently walking on the unfinished Creigton carpet and have footmarks everywhere I go, to the point of toe-marks(bare feet) still imprinted on the carpet the next day!

I have now compared a sample of Harlow Creighton laid at my property and Luxcloud Florian(very much cheaper) and apart from the pile height there is no difference. Both of them are tracking very badly and look awful, especially compared to the denser showroom sample.

I get the impression that there is either a problem with the wrong carpet delivered from the carpet importer or maybe the more expensive carpet ordered by me was substituted with the cheaper Luxcloud Florian. The third scenario is that there is no difference in density between the cheaper and more expensive carpet and only the height is different. However, this still does not explain why the sample from the showroom seems to be much denser and does not track very much.

A sales rep from the carpet importer is coming on Monday.

Is there anybody who had a similar experience and who could give me some advice?

The importers sales rep is coming in a few days and I just want as much info as possible.

Comment