Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_59267145

Bathroom tile colours

User
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Hi

I am renovating my main bathroom. It's not a very big bathroom, it's square shape and just under 6 sqm). Am converting it so it only has a shower, vanity and toilet. Initially, I was set on a grey floor (which I haven't moved from and am unlikely to) and wasn't sure about the walls. I was open to having some kind of design/feature/pattern on the walls but the builder advised on plain white.

I've been to Beaumont Tiles and determined that even if I do white up the walls, it needs to be a satin or off white given my home is a log cabin so I have timber raked ceiling and the paint throughout is cargo white i.e. not stark modern white, but some yellow in it so it's warmer to go with the timber. I started asking about the below tile to do as a feature piece so the plan then changed to grey floor, white walls with the one wall along the shower (entire wall) in the below tile as a feature wall. NB: I have this tile around my fireplace so it would create some continuity. But then I saw the "timber" tile which I absolutely loved because I love timber. So the plan changed to the timber tile on wall behind shower mix and on shower floor through to end of that section of floor and the rest grey. I like this because I have re-engineered timber floor throughout the house, though they are a very very light timber colour. Also, there is quite a bit of grey on exterior on house (roof, window frames ... logs are stained in a grey tone).

To summarise, which of the options are best:

1. Grey floor and satin white walls

2. Grey floor, satin white walls with one feature wall with below tile

3. Grey floor and wall tiles with timber tiles used in shower.

Note, the room is quite dark currently due to timber ceiling. There are two windows, however, due to roof over deck outside house there 's not a lot of natural light that gets in.

Thanks for any advice.

Note - fixtures will all be chrome and vanity satin white. I don't want to do anything that will go "out of fashion".

Tile in below pic is charcoal/black, I would put in a grey much lighter than this.

Comments (20)