Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_59267145

Bathroom tiles - colours?

User
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Hi

I'm renovating my main bathroom which is a square shape and just under 6 sqm. Am converting it so it only has a shower, vanity and toilet. Initially, I was decided on a grey floor (which I haven't moved from and am unlikely to) but wasn't sure about the walls. I was open to having some kind of design/feature/pattern on the walls but the builder advised on plain white. I've since decided it needs to be a satin or off white up the wall given my ceilings are raked timber ceilings i.e. timber which has an orangey tinge. Home is a log cabin so I recently put in re-engineered timber flooring throughout (to replace carpet). There is no stark modern white anywhere but instead Cargo white which has some yellow in so is a warm tone to go with the timber.

I've arrived at the below options for the bathroom tiles. The Moroccan tile is around my fireplace so this theme will be continued if I do the wall in bathroom the same. Another option is to just put them behind the vanity (taps).

1. Grey floor and satin white walls

2. Grey floor, satin white walls with a feature wall entirely in the below Moroccan mosaic tile

3. Grey floor and wall tiles with "timber look" tiles used in shower behind mixer and on shower floor similar to below pic (though pic has black tiles).

Note, the room is quite dark currently due to timber ceiling. There are two windows, however, due to roof over deck outside house there 's not a lot of natural light that gets in.

Thanks for any advice.

Note - fixtures will all be chrome. I don't want to do anything that will go "out of fashion".

Comment (1)