Houzz Logo Print
webuser_882320246

Paint colour and overall design advise for entry room

Mel H
4 years ago

Ok so I need advise on paint colour scheme and light fitting for my entry/stairs.

Its a cramped 1970's built house so its a bit difficult to get images from all angles. You walk in mid way from front door and up stairs to living, kitchen, bedrooms. Downstairs to extra rooms, laundry and garage. Timber polished floorboards and satin black railings will stay as they are, but would like to lighten and freshen up the room.

So should I paint the walls, timber window trim, back of front door and brick wall all in a natural white?

Or just paint walls white and have the trim charcoal with the brick wall left as is, to match exterior paint scheme?

Also need to replace pendant lights. Should I go with just one larger pendant light in the center of the room rather than having two? Or leave one on the bulk head and put a down light at the top of stairs?

What style pendant light would work best? See options attached. The rest of house has original mid century wall sconces in brass and milk glass. Not sure if to keep with brass or go black in the entry area to match railings.

(Unfortunately at this stage the bulk head will remain but the blue mat will go).

Thanks so much.

Light Option 1:

Light Option 2:

Light Option 3:

Comments (11)