Houzz Logo Print
ploppy_mcplop

Under-counter Fridge and Freezer - ideas?

Simon Champion
4 years ago

To keep the look of my small kitchen clean and uncluttered I've decided on having an under-counter fridge and matching freezer next to it (I'm a single person household and they will be adequate for what I need) with my existing large fridge-freezer in the garage for beer fridge and overflow duties.

My question is where to get suitable units in Australia? They seem to be very common in the USA, with a number of manufacturers selling them at competitive prices, but it's a different story here in Australia.

I found the Beko BL21 that would be perfect for me and at a good price, but seems to be UK only. There are a few drawer fridges I like the look of, but they're over A$5K each and I'd need two, one as a freezer. Ouch. The other option is a bar fridge, but the ones I can find seem to be for outdoor kitchens, their energy efficiency seems very poor, andI can't find much information about how well they would work in a kitchen - noise levels, ventilation required etc.

Does anyone have any experience with this, or any other advice that I might find useful?

Comments (8)