Houzz Logo Print
webuser_188456502

Not sure what layout to use for 200 x600 mm wall tiles - help

Audrey1967!
4 years ago

I have a very small ensuite. 2.5m long and only about 1.4m wide (with the shower section only being 990mm wide). I have bought 200 x 600mm rectified white satin tiles to put on most of the walls. A shaving cabinet will sit above the vanity and toilet. The area under the shaving cabinet will be tiled with a 50mm white matt mosaic hexagon - this section of wall is 1.6m.

Now that I have bought the 200 x 600mm tiles , I have no idea which is the best pattern to lay them in for my small bathroom. The tiles will go to the ceiling. The walls are 2.7m high. (I know that vertical things usually make things look taller and horizontal tiles usually make room look wider, but I am not sure what to do in this case). I keep second guessing myself and am thinking that I should have got 100mm x 600mm tiles prior to being persuaded by sales lady to go for the bigger tile. I am not sure whether to have tiles laid in stacked horizontal or brickbond horizontal or vertically stacked or vertically offset. I want the hexagon tiles to be the feature, not the 200mm x 600mm tiles.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments (3)