Houzz Logo Print
abhishek_mehta76

What to do with stump grinded space near fence

abhishek mehta
4 years ago

Hi,

I am clueless to the space that is left behind after removing a old dead fig tree and was stump grind

Issue 1 (see pic) so the top end of the area sitting near pool deck and with couple of natives planted is full of clay and stones. Only the Native and a yukka plant were able to survive in that area; that little rectangle area also gets filled with water post heavy rain and the water seeps in from rainwater tanks that my opp side neighbours have installed. So no way to control that water flow.

- What can i do in this space - just fill it with mulch ?

Issue 2 - see pic below with big shovel showing with large root base of the old fig tree left behind and its massive roots going all the way down. What can i do at this area to beautify it ? is approx 3mts length x 1.5 width (fence to garden /turf boundary). Cant grow anything as its all roots. Cant even level it up to the pool boundary area as seen in above pic with all that rubble.

Issue 3 See pic below:

There is a bit of slope from that shovel head end to vege garden area, also the area where the garden boundary now extends 1mt from fence line and not 1.5mt as before.

I was thinking for this small area put another vege garden box there and fill the surround area in mulch. Dont know what else can be done.

Comments (9)