Houzz Logo Print
refreshmanawatu

Before & After: A dark 1970s kitchen reimagined

Refresh Renovations - Manawatu - Wayne Gordon
4 years ago
last modified: last year

The 70's and 80's featured some dark and earthy tones, with dark colours and timbers featuring prominently in many homes. These gave homes a warm and cozy feel, but living styles as we all know have shifted! We now tend to favour light, bright and open homes. The light adds to the sense of space, which compliments open plan living, making modernised spaces perfect for family living, and entertaining.

This kitchen renovation was a classic example of that, and we have loved modernising this space with light & elegant colours and clean lines. The new kitchen holds on to some of the original styling of the home with timber plank flooring, and shaker profiling for the kitchen joinery. It's a cooks kitchen, and designed for entertaining! Here are the comments from our client: "The Refresh Manawatu team are very professional likable people. They renovated my kitchen and bathroom. Every detail from planning at the start to the final finishing touches was discussed along the way. I am proud to show off the work the team did for me at any chance I get. My father who is an old school builder could not find fault in the workmanship that was provided in the renovation. Thanks guys for your dedication and can do attitude. I'd highly recommend Refresh Manawatu to anyone thinking of future work to be done.

Before:

After:

Comments (12)