Houzz Logo Print
andrea_pring

Are venetian blinds old fashioned?

Andrea Pring
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

I am looking at window treatments for my new 3 bedroom 2 bath townhouse which has a LOT of windows. The windows mostly open at the top and I want a uniform look though out. There are 4 sliding doors to the outside and the other windows are unfortunately not standard sizes so I can’t buy ready made blinds and hang myself. I want a fairly minimalist look and privacy is a big factor. I had a quote for curtains and blinds which was way over my budget. I have got the cost down to $6000 by choosing slimline venetians in silver aluminium at all the windows and a silvery grey blockout (not 100%) S curve curtains at the doors. This allows me to control privacy, light and airflow with ease and as the two living areas are on the small side the rooms will not be overwhelmed by too much curtaining. The ceiling fans are aluminium and the floors downstairs polished concrete and upstairs dark grey carpet. To soften the look I plan to have textured fabric on the sofas, bright art on the walls, and colourful cushions, rugs and throws.

I am comfortable with this choice although amazed at the cost which is more expensive than I anticipated. Am I overlooking an option that is affordable and as versatile as micro venetians?

Comments (6)