Houzz Logo Print
kelsi_wooding

Please help me: which type of tiling style / drop in bath is this?

Kelsi Wooding
3 years ago

I'm amount to start a bathroom renovation, and have decided on my layout and purchased lots of the items (tiles, toilet, vanity etc). The last thing to choose and buy is the built in/drop in/inset bath which should be an easy choice, right? After all, a bath is a bath!

Wrong! I've since learnt there are a heap of different styles of these baths, including island, two tile flange, three tile flange and four tile flange.

I'm trying to create a shower over bath just like this one (albeit with different tiles). I know this means I need a tile flange on atleast 2 sides (but can also consider 4 sides).

I really like how the bath is set almost flush with the tiles - and the white lip doesn't sit too high over the grey tiles.

There's also this style - but the bath edge here is much more pronounced than the previous one. Is this just a tiling style, or a difference in the actual tub selected?

What I would like to avoid is something like this where the bath bath edge protrudes quite alot.

I would love if anyone could share their experience with me. Is this a difference in baths, or installation/tiling? If so - what do I tell my builder/plumber to get what I'm looking for.

Comments (4)