Houzz Logo Print
southaussie

Do you think this combination would work on my house?

southaussie
3 years ago

Hi everyone,

I was considering changing the colour of the front windows, and thank so much to those houzzers who have already seen my house and commented on that option in another feed. I really appreciate your feedback and have used some of it here.

I've since noticed a few houses in my neighbourhood that have a beautiful combination of red brick, cream, off white, grey and black. It's not a great photo but hopefully you can see the side of this house is red brick:

exterior house colours · More Info

We are sticking with the red roof for now, but are wondering if this red brick/cream/off white/grey/black colour scheme could work on our place below, both with the current red roof and a possible future grey roof (basalt? shale grey? Not monument as too hot in summer). I'm interested in a scheme that works regardless of whether the roof colour stays or changes to grey.

My ideas · More Info

For now I'm thinking:

- re-do windows in off white (current colour)

- paint the gable infill in the same off white

- keep gutters in cream

- change the security door to black (this will match external side and back windows that will also be black)

- paint the front door in off white. It's not a solid door, rather it's made up of 12 rectangular pebble glass frames, like the upper section of the front windows.

In time if we change the roof colour to a shade of grey, where would you introduce more black in the front? I don't want it to look too heavy.

Thanks so much for your advice!

Comments (8)