Houzz Logo Print
susan35a

Help with kitchen and open plan living conversion

Suie
3 years ago

HI Guys,

My Hubby and I are keen to renovate our house and create an open plan living area with our kitchen.

I have been working on some rough designs as hubby is not keen to move the kitchen window. My kitchen currently has no long cupboards for a pantry, only small ones which is a real pain. The thing I dislike about the kitchen is the access to the laundry and the toilet up this end of the house is through the kitchen.

I was thinking of removing the shower and reducing the size of the laundry in order to fit a walk-in pantry (even though smallish). My issue is how this will look with the window in its current position and if this design will look cramped...…..

Below is a picture of the current plan and highlighted in yellow is the walls we were potentially going to remove. (All good and not load bearing)

Would really love and appreciate your thoughts and feedback. Or do you have any other options :D

Thank you in advance. Susan

This is a rough draft of the possible layout. The 2 doors to the pantry would be the same style as the rest of the kitchen and just look like cupboard doors on the outside of the kitchen.

Sorry the grey lines in the middle areas are the measurement lines only. This is only a rough design created on 5D which does not have a lot of options. But Island bench would have stools on the couch side and sides the full width of the bench.

Below is a plan of kitchen that the kitchen people came up with...…… Not sure on the cupboards near the window next to the walk in pantry doors......as it is set back so as to not cover the window.

Do you have any thoughts or anything I am missing that would be of better use of the spaces.

Cheers

Susan

Comments (11)