Houzz Logo Print
m0sh

Rural - New Build on acreage

m0sh
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Hi all, am very seriously considering a tree change, and looking to buy large acreage in the Hunter Valley, with natural bush. Would love to have a few tourist accommodation cabins on there also to create an income.

Have been searching for almost 12 months and can't find the right place so now looking at vacant land.

What advice do you have for a complete amateur when it comes to building, what complications etc need to be considered when building on a large rural plot? Power, sewer, water of course are major factors and how close they are to the property/boundary, but anything else, I should be aware of? How do you even budget for a new build? I have no idea how much it costs to build on vacant acreage. I have one friend who's heavily advising to not build from scratch and another saying a professional home builder will make it a breeze. I'm thinking it's probably somewhere in the middle.

Probably a confusing post but hoping some with experience out there can let me know of any major issues/pitfalls I should be aware of with rural acreage.

Comments (9)