Need help and ideas furnishing and painting the walls!
Have no idea what colors will go well with these wooden panels, and how to make it less old school.
any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks!
By wooden panels, I assume you mean the floor boards.White is a fresh colour. Paint over the burgundy wall.Dulux snowy mountain is a good fresh colour.Bring colours into your wonderful room, with furnishings and artwork.
Depending on your budget, I’d love to replace kitchen peninsula with an island with bar stools. Replace with a larger table moving it away fro. Red wall which needs changing. Big rug to zone off the family living end of the room. Bigger pics on wall or a larger group of smaller ones
Semi or full gloss interior trims
Interior design course
Interior design and home decor
less old hey... are wooden panels your floor boards? they are modern.
1. Replace the light fitting with can lights or nice pendant lights
2. Get rid of the red, paint feature wall dark navy or maybe a nice modern feature wallpaper (?in gold/greige tone or navy). Keep the rest white. OR paint all of room in a warm grey or a light greige.
3. Replace vertical blinds above sink (old style) with roller blind or venetian in white/beige. Replace other blinds with tall sheer white curtains and chrome curtain rods thickly gathered, venetian, or leave open.
3. remove the high part of kitchen bench, and paint counter dark grey marble rustoleum or replace with marble. consider changing doors if you have money, or you could add a square frame to make them 'shaker style'. Replace with chrome T handles,
4. get silver appliances.
5. add tasteful art and a nice couch with some cushions that compliment colours of room and a coffee table on one side of space. Then center your dining table in the other side of the room under a light. Place two rugs 1. under table and 2. under the couch area to separate the eating space from the TV space. replace tall cabinet with a sideboard and place a large mirror above on wall and use a few tasteful decor items.
Best of luck ! Cheers
A home that is beautiful and comfortable is a desire of everyone. For furnishing, I can suggest you to go with handcrafted timber furniture. Prefer to go for timber furniture when decorating home because it makes the house look great. Also, they are best when it comes to sustainability.