Houzz Logo Print
karentremaine

Kitchen Design Dilemma Hampton/Country Style to suit house

karentremaine
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Looking to renovate our kitchen to create a country farmhouse/hampton style kitchen. The existing design is a U/G shape. I'm trying to redesign the kitchen to -

1. capture the stunning vineyard views out through the dining room/living windows

2. create a bar stool area if we can- as that is what we do- again the view is towards the dining room so don't want our backs to the view.

3. Maintain some symmetry in the design when looking towards the kitchen from the living dining- as symmetry is a real feature of the existing design of the house.

I feel that an island bench won't work properly as the space is basically a 4m x 4m square and looking at it from the living areas is not going to look good visually and will be out of keeping with the style of the house. Below is a picture to give you an idea of the style of kichen I am considering.

To give you an idea of the symmetry/styling of the house, this is what the lounge looks like at the moment.

Do I stick to a U or G shape design or is there some other design I can incorporate that will suit the house. Note that the whole house is going to be renovated and decorative dados/curtains/pelmets etc are going to be removed, as well as a stone fireplace incorporated. We are also looking at putting in French oak flooring to warm it up.

A bit odd is that the main entry to the house is via the back door which is right next to the kitchen. Note also that the meals area near the bedroom is not going to exist and will be closed off with French doors, and incorporate the bedroom to create a north facing living/tv room that opens out to the side terrace.

Comments (6)