Houzz Logo Print
webuser_163374878

Shade of white with grey stone bench tops

Em
3 years ago

We had chosen Dulux Natural White for our kitchen/living area- we we're looking for something pretty neutral and didn't want the place to seem cold. I've tested it and am happy that it looks good in kitchen, and also down the hallway etc.

The issue began when we went to look at slabs for the kitchen bench tops, island, splash back and potentially waterfall (all the same stone). While we haven't chosen our stone yet all contenders are pale with grey veins.

The problem is when I stuck a Natural White sample on all stones it looked really really yellow, and all the stones looked really really blue.

Our kitchen will have pretty good natural light from windows and skylights, though none are directly over/in the kitchen.

The lightening in the stone warehouse was somewhat nasty 'big warehouse lighting', obviously designed for safety not ambience. The charming gentlemen in the stone place moved a slab into a place with more natural light, but it was still difficult to imagine.

Am I overthinking this? Is the issue the warehouse lighting or would you recommend against using a yellow based white with grey based stone?

Thanks in advance.

Comments (2)