Houzz Logo Print
webuser_687693931

10 Tips for a fantastic home office or study nook- tips 5-10

Tips 1-5 in a previous discussion post

Tips 5 to 10 for a fantastic home office or study nook!

5. Be creative a beautiful yet functional home or business office or study nook will make your home office space a productivity and enjoyable place to work or study. Accessories in your favourite colors or themes will personalise your office space.

6. Adding plants can really create a tranquil and calm working space. They can add colour and interesting textures. Ideally your home office will need to have natural light available otherwise beautiful dried or fresh flowers or high quality artificial plants would be the next option.

7. Art work or photographs or a painted feature wall or wallpaper with texture can make your office unique and can show your personality, interests or hobbies! When hanging a collection of photographs, certificates or art it is important to hang them in either a symmetrical or asymmetrical arrangement and odd numbers look best. Think about consistent elements to tie them together e.g. the same type of frames.

8. A rug can add texture and color to your home office space and make it a cosy place to be. Accessories such as an armchair, ottoman and cushions can also create a comfortable and cosy sanctuary.

9. Add accessories, clock, calendar, waste basket, paper shredder. Computer, lap top, ipad and other technical devices. When planning a new office space or study nook built in cabinetry and joinery can be a great solution. It is also important to think carefully when planning power points and one double power point may be sufficient for a small office area however two double power points may be a better solution for a larger office especially if you have many devices that need power.

10. A vision board or gratefulness board, goal statements, motivational sayings and a diary can really help with staying on track. A calendar and clock will help to keep track of time, date sand appointments. Using your new or updated home office or study space as dedicated working and studying office space will go a long way to being super productive!

All of these tips collectively will go a long way towards to creating an amazing place to retreat and enjoy while studying or working. These tips will also help to create a calm, tranquil space in your home or business location!

The full 10 tips are also included on the Interior Design with Style! website, section my blog, interior designer tips and information. Interior designer- Bren Hanna Website interiordesignwithstyle.com

If you would like any help creating your fantastic space to work and study let me know, I am very happy to help and offer my advice and assistance with your next project.

Images from pin interest

Comment (1)