Houzz Logo Print
jayvee1

Bold splashback or classic white subway

jayvee1
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Hi. I'm building a house and am unsure whether to go for a bold splashback or classic white subway in the kitchen. The kitchen will receive lots of light from north-facing windows floor to ceiling which rises to 4 metres. While the look I'm going for overall is light and airy (white walls with warm timber accents, burnished concrete floors, tan leather sofa) I'm worried about it looking too bland. I'm thinking of a pop of bold colour on the splashback in bluey/green jewel tones. The tiling is nearly 5 metres long and rises from the counter top to the ceiling which is 2.4 metres on that wall (no overhead cupboards just floating timber shelves). Downside - (1) it's more expensive (don't know how much more just yet) and (2) it's much more expensive to replace if I get sick of it after a couple of years. Maybe I should add the colour onto the feature painted brick wall instead and leave the splashback white. Any thoughts? Am at pre-start so need to decide quickly. I've attached the layout of that area and a photo of the tile I'm contemplating. All comments appreciated, thanks.

Minimal Modern Archives - Armanti · More Info

Comments (19)