Houzz Logo Print
jimb_omm

Colour of brick pavers. Help!

Jimb Omm
3 years ago

Hello all. We have dismantled our back deck due to termite damage and are planning to replace this with a paved patio area. I really like brick pavers (specifically the look of recycled brick with the variations in colour) but I'm having a lot of trouble picking a colour palette to go with.

Our house is a brighter red brick in Canberra and the backyard is south-facing. I would like to avoid trying to match the colour of the pavers to the walls and was thinking a darker red with a mixture of brown might work but I'm having trouble visualising it. A photo of the house is below (ignore the timber deck and the screen on the side as these have been removed). The concrete steps will also be removed and rebuilt in the brick that we select. The length will be the same (from the location of the screen to the door) but it will be almost double the width - taken from 2.5m wide to 4m.

The brick colour palettes are here.

I was thinking of this one but didn't like the inclusion of the orange - will need to follow up to see if it's possible to take them out but I still don't feel 100% confident with it.

It would be good to get your thoughts. Thanks :)

Comments (34)