Houzz Logo Print
karentremaine

bathroom tile dilemma

karentremaine
3 years ago

We are about to renovate our Federation/ country style/hint of modern ensuite bathroom I've attached a photo of our vanity to give you a feel for what style we want. We are considering putting matt vertical white plank (150mm x about 1000mm) wall tiles ( a bit dado like) on the bottom of our shower area with same colour matt white subways on top. Note that aside from a few rows of subways below the mirror over the vanity, there won't be any more tiles. There will be skirting about 12 cm high and there's also a very decorative cornice- ceilings are 2.7m high. It will also feature a free-standing bath. I've drawn the vertical tiles in the shower area at 3 student heights on my plan. I have the option of 300 x300 or 600 x 600 floor tiles- would also love feedback. I've attached our floors tile sample ( ignore paint swatches as they are for my kitchen and laindry cabinets.) I've also attached a photo of the tiles where I got the inspo from but I will be putting the vertical planks below instead of above. I would love to hear your feedback as I haven't seen anything like this before.

Comments (3)