Houzz Logo Print
sushma19s

New home design question - 12.5m frontage

Sush
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Hi all,

I am looking for some advice on multiple points. We are building first time and it is a custom home. We have a lot that is 12.5m at the front and depth of 34 metres in Sydney.

Attached is our current draft plan. We are mostly comfortable with the plan but there are some elements that our builder has mentioned for us to reconsider like the walkway space vs. the size of the house, making the study bigger, ceiling height in open plan space, etc.

My questions:

1. Builder recommends a walkway of 2m which I have no clue how to achieve. With our bedroom and all other rooms aligned, what is the most we can reduce around the bedroom area to make the hallway bigger? We require one bedroom downstairs as it will be frequently used by parents.

2. Is there a way we can make the study bigger or is the size manageable?

3. In the dining area, a double line (beam) goes through half way which is where our first floor ends. We are hoping to achieve the kitchen, living and dining at 4m ceiling height but some part of our dining has first floor sitting on top so that area will need to be 3m height (we are going with 3m ceiling height ground floor). Would it look awkward to see 2 different heights in one room?

Any advice on the questions and any suggestions you have on the plan is more than welcome.

Thanks

Comments (18)